Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Beginning the Garden...



4/17/14

Now for me the title of this post has a lot of meanings in my life right now. But as far as gardens are concerned, well I'm definitely building one. We planted seeds about 5 days ago give or take a day or two maybe and the sprouting's have really taken off.

Unfortunately, In the morning I found a presumptuous snail eating away at my little lettuce sprouts and I took him off and put him away in the grass a good distance away from my sprouts.  A second after I relocated our snail visitor I saw an army of slugs just headed towards my plants. Ugh! Ew ew ew ew ew! Yes they are nature, yes it is normal, yes saying ew might make me seem like a wimp. I don't care, They are gross. I did not go smashing any ew that is not only gross and creepy but I would feel bad.....mostly its gross though....

So I relocated them with a stick. I was gentle. But....I spilled lines of salt all around the outside of my plant bed.....muahahahhahahahaha!!... Actually I'll still feel bad if they die from the salt. But!! I'm not eating slugs, I'm eating lettuce. Sooo....Excuse me but... my lettuces! Not yours lettuces Mr. Slug! MINE!

They seemed ok for the hold rest of the day after that. Not a snail or slug went anywhere near my plants. Then night fell and I saw some snails kinda in the area and made sure to relocate them. I don't quite no how else to save them from the emending doom of my protective salt circles. Yea maybe its doesn't make sense for me to try and save them...oh well I still tried. We will have to see what tomorrow brings. I hope the slugs and snails left everything alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment